We have a saying at Smart Precinct NQ that if you want to go fast go alone
but if you want to go far go together.
Smart Precinct NQ provides several programs for inventors, creators, and entrepreneurs to develop their ideas and grow their business.
- We help all types of organisations with all different types of ideas.
- Researchers – to refine business model, commercialise research connect into industry.
- Product Inventors who have an idea or prototype that could revolutionise their industry (such as Trades, Mining, Manufacturing, agriculture.
- Inventors and Entrepreneurs with high growth critical technologies, software and hardware solutions.
- Service Industry – start and grow a competitive practice or shop.
Talking to professionals and guest speakers about their journeys and experiences was incredibly valuable.
“Dare to Think Big” Pre-Accelerator ©
The “Dare to Think Big” Pre-Accelerator program is a short intensive program to create and refine a concept or idea.
It is suitable for innovators, inventors or change makers with a concept or idea for a new business that they would like to test, validate and explore with experienced entrepreneurs and business mentors.
|Investment||Fully funded thanks to Advance Queensland and Townsville City Council valued at $550.00|
COHORT 1: 19 April 2023
COHORT 2: OPEN FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (2023-2024)
“Dare to Think Circular” Pre-Accelerator ©
The “Dare to Think Circular” Pre-Accelerator program is a short intensive program to create and refine an innovative solution for an industry problem using Circular Economy principles.
It is suitable for innovators, inventors or change makers with a concept or idea for a new business that they would like to test, validate and explore with experienced circular economy entrepreneurs, business mentors, industry and research partners.
The Key Takeaways of this workshop:
- Understand the fundamental theory behind a circular economy
- Learn about market and policy drivers for Australia’s circular transition
- Understand different types of circular economy business models, and how they differ from business as usual
- Understand barriers and opportunities at a national, state and local levels.
- Discuss learnings from real world examples that can be applied to the group’s own startups.
|Investment||Fully funded thanks to the Queensland Government and Townsville City Council valued at $550.00|
COHORT 1: 17 October 2023 12PM-2PM- OPEN FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (2023-2024)
Smart Business Accelerator ©
The Smart Business Accelerator is suitable for founders with early-stage business ideas in professional services, trades, retail, hospitality and social enterprise.
Owning and running a small business is hard but rewarding.
Did you know that Small Businesses account for 98% of the businesses in Australia, are the nation’s largest employer and contributes 34% to the country’s GDP? Yet 50% of Small Businesses fail in the first 5 years. When a small business fails it has compounding impacts to the founder’s family, finances, and mental health. In this accelerator program you will learn skills and strategies to give your new business idea to survive.
6 weeks – 2-hour workshops (face to face or zoom)
Businesses can expect to spend 1-3 hours between sessions on pre-reading and implementing activities in the business and will attend a one on one mentoring session during the program.
Marketing and Sales
Systems and Processes
Fully/ partially funded thanks to Townsville City Council valued at $2,500.00
COHORT 1: 22 February to 29 March 2023
COHORT 2: OPEN FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (2024)
|Pre-requisites||It is recommended that you consider completing the Smart Precinct NQ Pre-Accelerator Program before undertaking this program but if you are unsure, please contact us and we can put you in touch with a mentor to discuss.|